Cruising Luna Sea
Boat Identification Documents
Islander 36 - Luna Sea
Luna Sea is solely owned by Daniel J Knox, registered in the State of California, insured by Boat US, has two EPIRBs for the boat/crew and has Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) for the VHF radio.
Owner Daniel J Knox
A partial Equipment List
- Raymarine Autohelm and Electronics
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
- New Ballenger Boom
- Yanmar 3YM30 marine diesel engine
- Mark Plastics Ports in Saloon, Head and V-berth
- Max Prop 3 Blade Classic
- Force 10 CNG Galley Range
- Garhaeur Boom Vang
- Barient 28 ST (Primaries)
- Lewmar 34-ST Ocean Series Self-Tailing Winches (Secondaries)
- Harken A32-ST Winch Self-tailing Two Speed (Cabin Top)
Thank you Smokey!
Smokey varnished Luna Sea a few years ago. He tried to teach me but I think I did more harm than good. Luna Sea has had a few more varnish updates over the years but this was the best.
New Gold Stripe
As seen underlining the CF numbers pictured above, KKMI painted a new gold leaf stripe on Luna Sea in December, 2007.
2006 Year End Maintenance
Moved the Boot Stripe and New Bottom Paint. Don't you think that Luna Sea looks a lot like Jennifer Lopez now? (By the way it is not very cost effective to move your Boot Stripe!)